Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's Spring!

Spring is such a wonderful season for declaring God's glory. I went outside today and took some snapshots of the beautiful flowers and greenery.

My very favorite tree.

It is almost 15 feet in circumference!

The deep green of the forsythias is so rich against the red barns.

The peaches are just starting to grow.





One of five peach trees. The Lord has provided us with fruit at our new home.

Beautiful purple vinca




We have several different kinds of azalea bushes
















Baby pears

We have three pear trees
 I also recently planted Liberty and Granny Smith apple trees
Three apple trees were already here

Apple blossoms are so pretty


Some are white and some are pink

What we call "helicopter" seeds

Bunches of little white flowers


A caterpillar nest. When I was younger I collected thousands of caterpillars each year.


Blackberry bushes. We have quite a few of these

Our wonderful red barns

A very well-pruned dogwood tree


I am not sure what kind of bush this is, but it is gorgeous

At long last, here is a promised picture of our new home



This is probably my favorite shot

My mom found this tiny nest on the ground. Perhaps it is a hummingbird's nest


I cut the grass in the field today

I hope you enjoyed these little snippets of our new land. For us, these things are so very precious and new. God is so awesome! As Psalm 66:1-4 says,

"Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands:
Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious.
Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie!

    My name is Samantha and I'm new to your lovely blog! Your new house is beautiful, as well as all the trees and bushes and plants! Country life is wonderful. :) God is so good! The bush with the white flowers, I believe is called "The Bridal Bush" or "Wedding day roses". We have a bush in our backyard and it's sooooooo beautiful!! Not to mention the smell!!! Oh my!

    I pray you and your family are doing well in your new home.

    Blessings,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete