Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baby Chicks!

Last Monday we received our very first baby chicks!


Ever since I was very little I have wanted to raise chickens and live on a farm. Now my dream is coming true. God is so very good! If all continues to go well, we will have ten laying hens and plenty of eggs for family and friends. The breed we chose is called the White Leghorn.


Isn't this rooster such a ham? lol!

They are a ton of work, but the Lord has been faithful to use this experience as a teaching opportunity. Through what seems like almost constant care of the chicks, I have been learning more self-discipline. It is hard to be consistent in changing out the bedding, water, and food, as they seem to make messes constantly. However, through it all, I have learned to be self-disciplined, which could prove a very useful asset it the future (and at present, too). What a blessing it is that big things come in small (and sometimes really cute) packages. 

Enjoy the photos of the chicks below. When I took these pictures, the chicks were about three days old. Now they are almost two weeks old. They are still really cute, though!









I will be posting about the progress on our "Back to Eden" project garden soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment