Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Delicious Health Smoothie

I have recently been messing around trying to create a healthy and tasty smoothie, and I believe this is the perfect combo! I am sorry I don't have a picture.

Healthy Fruit and Veggie Smoothie
 
 
Ingredients:
 
- 3 orange slices
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 c. frozen strawberries
- 1/4 c. frozen blueberries
- 2 baby carrots
- 1/4 c. spinach, stems removed
- 1/2 c. ice
- 1/4 c. strawberry kefir
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
 
 
1. Blend all ingredients on high in a blender until smooth. You can add more milk for a thinner consistency or more ice for a thicker consistency. Makes about 16 fluid ounces.
 
 
And it is as simple as that! I hope you try this and enjoy not only the wonderful taste but also the health benefits!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing, does it turn green? Do you use an average blender or a Vita-Mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually does not turn green with this amount of spinach. It is more of a strawberry color, which personally I find more appealing :)
      I used an average blender for a while, but it really struggled to get all of the frozen ingredients liquefied, so I recently purchased a Ninja blender.

      Delete