Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fall Garden and Movie Outfits

I am planning our fall garden now, and should be planting it very soon. Currently on my list are the following:

Cimmaron Lettuce
Buttercrunch Lettuce
Amish Deer Tongue Lettuce
Giant Southern Curled Mustard Greens
Early Mibuna Asian Mustard Greens
Giant Winter Spinach
Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach
Chervil
Bionda a Cuore Pieno
Georgia Southern Collard Greens
Red Rhubarb Swiss Chard
Mammoth Red Rock Cabbage
Late Flat Dutch Cabbage
Early Snowball Cauliflower
Calabrese Broccoli

Little Finger Carrots

Beet Blend
Hopefully, I will be able to take more pictures of the fall garden than I did of the summer garden.

On a completely different note, I wanted to share some pictures of the clothing styles I find particularly appealing. Once I finish with high school, I plan on taking an online sewing course designed to instruct on how to make your own patterns based on styles you like. I have selected these styles from favorite movies. Without further ado.....


Beautiful blouses and skirts




Courtesy of Old Fashioned Charm
While not a fan of the Downton Abbey series, the outfits are absolutely stunning!
 



There is a wonderful blog post by Miss Laurie at Old Fashioned Charm which I would completely agree with regarding this...to view it, click here.

Overall, my favorite movie wardrobe is Anne of Green Gables. The clothes are feminine, modest, and classy. I tend to love Edwardian clothes in general. What is your favorite movie wardrobe? Or, what is your favorite time period in clothing history?

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, we have exactly the same tastes!!! Anne of Green Gables has my absolute favorite styles ever. Don't you just love those tailored jackets, billowy blouses, and a-line gathered skirts?? Perfection! Love, love, love your choices. Good luck taking the class! I'm going to do something similar when I graduate too. I plan on getting into historical fashion and design and possibly design clothing that can be worn in our modern day but have that hint of historical design.

    ReplyDelete