Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Amish Country

I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas season! I know I promised pictures of our trip to Amish Country a long while back, but I have been enjoying the flu and Christmas mania, so I haven't been up to writing! Now, however, I have a spare moment and a clear head, so I will resume the threads of our journey, and take you to Amish Country, Ohio with the few pictures I managed to snap. I apologize for the quality of the photos, because it was rainy most of the time I was unable to get good pictures.

There were buggies everywhere

Many of the farms had the dead corn stalks stacked in this way.

You couldn't be in a big hurry, as a buggy would inevitably be encountered on the way

An Amish homestead.

Many of the homes had windmill powered water pumps

The area was the most picturesque I have ever seen. It. was. beautiful.

This is the stuff puzzles are made of

The term "out in the middle of nowhere" was really true

 



Rolling hills everywhere you looked. Simply gorgeous.

Children at recess

Having a meeting
 

Happy New Year! I will write again in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment