Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother Daughter Trip and Witty Wednesday

The first very important anouncement is:

The Marriage Amendment passed in North Carolina! Praise the Lord...He is so good!

Now, on to two other things:

Several weeks ago, my mom and I went on a trip to Rockford, North Carolina. Rockford is a small historic town about 50 miles south of the Virginia border. We stayed two nights at the Rockford Inn Bed and Breakfast.


Front entrance

Side

Back
Because we were in the Yadkin Valley, there were vineyards everywhere. The Rockford Inn had a very small vineyard and a very pretty backyard.




Some kind of Gardenia. These smelled heavenly

The hosts at the inn were so kind and hospitable. At a bed and breakfast, breakfast is served each morning for the guests. Both breakfasts were delicious, but I especially enjoyed the French Toast with Peaches (I would have gotten some pictures, but I didn't want to get my camera sticky).

On the first day, mom and I drove to Mayberry (actually Mt. Airy), the home of Andy Griffith. We have always been fans of the Andy Griffith Show. The drives we took were filled with beautiful scenery...it is a reminder of how great God is.



Driving down the road




One of many vineyards

Sorry for the window glare on this one...I forgot to roll the window down. The view is beautiful, though!

There were many, many old homes and buildings, and since I am such a fan of old things, I took some snapshots!


This was one of my favorites. It was right up the road from the B&B.

This little house was perfectly situated

Loved this old barn
Another beautifully situated home

 
Once we arrived in Mayberry, we drove by Andy Griffith's old home. It is currently a vacation rental, so we couldn't walk around.


We also visited the Andy Griffith museum just for kicks. In front was the statue of Andy and Opie going fishing - the classic Andy Griffith Show image.


We also visited an Amish store and rode through the "Amish country". In the area there were Amish people living interspersed amongst farmers and such.

Amish X-ing sign
The same building with the sign was an Amish market on the weekend

Not an Amish building, but neat nevertheless!



This building was awesome...I think it was a windmill at one time

I was so excited to see this on a church sign
I know this shot is blurry, but I had to post it anyway. These little animals are groundhogs and they were on someone's porch!
An Amish buggy

An Amish home


The views were beautiful




The next day I took some shots of the little village of Rockford before we left.


The 1830's Methodist church

As you can tell, it was raining!

I just loved this house

I am not sure what this building was, but it was really neat (and isn't the inside of the car awesome? This is the best angle I could get :)

The tavern. It was up a tall hill, so I couldn't get the full building

 
The glass store. This was my favorite building in Rockford
I hope you enjoyed the photos, and that these little snippets of my life are a blessing to you. It is most important to remember how great God is:

For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.   1 SAMUEL 22:32-34

As for Witty Wednesday, I will be posting a founding father every other week during the summer, due to the hectic nature of our schedule this year! So, next week is the week for Witty Wednesday.

As usual, I love to hear from you. Please leave a comment in the section below!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh.... these pictures are so beautiful! I have been to Virginia and North Carolina, and I absolutely love Yadkin Valley!!! VA and NC are probably my favorite states in all of the US! (well, all of the US that I have seen, rather) I'm sure you had a lovely time. The old buildings look so interesting! I could look around a historic town all day....
    Thank you for posting the pictures!

    ReplyDelete