Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Belated Witty Wednesday [5]

I spent much of the day yesterday weeding the garden plot, so I was unable to post for Witty Wednesday. Better late than never, though!

John Jay























---"Providence has given our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."

---"In forming and settling my belief relative to the doctrines of Christianity, I adopted no articles from creeds but such only as, on careful examination, I found to be confirmed by the Bible....At a party in Paris, once, the question fell on religious matters. In the course of it, one of them asked me if I believed in Christ? I answered that I did, and that I thanked God that I did."

---In his Last Will and Testament, John Jay wrote, "Unto Him who is the author and giver of all good, I render sincere and humble thanks for His merciful and unmerited blessings, and especially for our redemption and salvation by his beloved Son."

---John Jay was asked if he had any final words for his children, and he responded, "They have the Book."





























I would love to hear about your favorite quotes from founding fathers, world leaders, or missionaries. If I get enough submitted quotes, I will have a special post for them.

I will post Easter pictures next week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment